Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seventh Reading

My group chose to read three poems written by Edgar Allen Poe. The three poems that we chose are:

Epigram for Wall Street

Eldorado

Enigma

Alright so the first poem "Epigram for Wall Street" is straight forward and simple took me a few minutes to read seven times. "Eldorado" is more complex but still has a straight forward theme, it has a little bit more detail and depth to the wording than "Epigram for Wall Street". The last poem... well lets just say I read it seven times and it doesn't help. The poem is a lot more complex than the other two poems.  It is very detailed . Talking about this poem out loud would be beneficial and I believe that this would be a useful poem to go over and discus as a class. I will be making a Vendler Grid for the "Epigram for Wall Street" poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment