Thursday, April 25, 2013

Groupthink???

In class today with my poetry group we discussed the three poems we read for the previous assignment and gave each other the information about the individual poems we analyzed. The enigma poem apparently is a complement to other accomplished writers with the last two lines regarding Shakespeare as the leader of modern writing. The class period was a big help considering i did not understand the "enigma" poem at all... it was too complex. I gave my short summary of my grid, very short summary. My poem was "Epigram for Wall Street".

The title of this post is ironic because being in a group consists of multiple people and thinking is a self action that does not involve others in a physical way. The act of talking and discussing is not the same as thinking. A more appropriate title for the activity in my opinion would have been grouptalk? that's a little better.

I attempted the poems and the questions posted on the blog, but I don't understand them very well. I would enjoy it if we could go over them as a group sometime as I feel reading them out loud is very beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment