Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

1. I feel that I have many positive factors that will affect my participation in class this year. My friends help to remind me of the homework and they are very helpful in providing assistance when I do not understand the assignments. I have easy access to a computer and a phone so these factors do not affect me, and my family is kind enough to help me as when when I need it.

2. I think my most beneficial learning experience was just my classes in general my sophomore year. Between Mr. Provost's Algebra 2 class, Dr. Preston's Honors English class, and Mr. Greeley's AP World History class I learned the processes in which I learn the best. These three classes were all taught very differently from one another accept for one very simple common factor. We took notes many days a week and discussed the topics as a class. We were often given practice for our assignments in class which we would then converse as a class about the answers and the correct way of accomplishing the task at hand. I learn best when we are given examples, then allowed to try for ourselves, followed by discussions of what worked and what is correct.

3. My greatest concern for this class is the amount of effort needed to achieve my goals in this class. From the first week I have already learned that this class will require much time out side of class to complete the work that we are given and that I will have to put forth a strong effort to accomplish what I want. This class will challenge me and push me to do my best in attempts to prepare me for college as it is a college course.

No comments:

Post a Comment