Thursday, November 29, 2012

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

It is dark and dreary
there is only the flicker of my life in front of me
there are others, others like myself
chained here in our world, our world is complete
we know everything and we are better for it
I believe everything shown in front of me as it is all
it is all there is in the world, it must be true.
I struggled and it broke, the chain it just broke.
it hurt and was horribly painful, but it broke none the less
I was started and amazed, aw.
I was in aw, no words to describe the world
the real world I could now see!
I must share this with the others, I must share this reality,
they refuse to listen, they are stuck in their false mentality.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea that the cave prisoners think they know the whole world and are sorta arrogant about it ("we know everything and we are better for it"). Some of the lines got a little wordy, but overall good sonnet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, I forgot to sign out of our project account. I'll leave it though, it's funnier this way.

      Delete
    2. haha i was so confused when i saw who the comment was from then realized it was someone from our group. oh well i agree its pretty funny

      Delete